Lighting design is an important part of architectural and interior design. It is also an important means to add “color” to the building’s “light”. The most important task of architectural lighting design is to modify and beautify the building based on the visual needs of consumers, with the help of light and shadow, and create a beautiful and comfortable visual environment for people.
The following are 20 recommendations of lighting engineers for architectural lighting design:
1. In architectural lighting, artificial lighting has the same important significance as daylight.
2. Daylight can be supplemented by artificial lighting. Artificial lighting can not only supplement the lack of sunlight, but also create an atmosphere completely different from the effects of sunlight.
3. Reasonably select the light source according to the lighting quality requirements. Incandescent and tungsten halogen lamps are used for high requirements on luminance, color, quality, and dimming performance. Compact fluorescent lamps and high-intensity discharge light sources are used to emphasize energy saving and reduce maintenance.
4. Electronic transformers and electronic chokes enhance the life of light sources and reduce energy consumption.
5. Each lighting project should have a certain maintenance plan, such as regular replacement, elimination or cleaning of the luminaries.
6. The function of the ruminate is equivalent to the door and window. It is an integral part of the building, not a decoration of the interior design.
7. An important factor in judging the quality of a luminaries is its functionality and the combination of its maximum visual comfort and its optimal lighting efficiency.
8. As a detail in the building structure, lighting should be chosen with great care.
9. When arranging luminaries, consideration should be given to functional and architectural design requirements.
10. Lighting and lighting design are part of the architectural concept.
11. When lighting wiring, consider the different functions of the room.
12. When designing lighting conditions for a work environment, the best visual comfort should be considered.
13. The brightness of the environment can be achieved by facade lighting of the wall or indirect lighting of the ceiling.
14. Intensive lighting can trigger people's interest in a certain point and help people to see the environment in a space.
15. In order to reduce energy consumption, natural lighting and artificial lighting in the work area should be combined.
16. Select a corresponding lighting level according to different work environment, and consider the energy saving effect while ensuring the lighting quality.
17. To create different atmospheres and the best lighting effects, lighting design should consider the use of lighting control systems.
18. Even when the interior lighting is designed, the external lighting effects at night should also be taken into account.
19. The design structure of a building can best be represented by excellent lighting design.
20. Illuminating and lighting effects are not only an important part of architectural design, but also can be a means of shaping the corporate image of the company.